Utiel celebrates its Olive Oil Contest “City of Utiel”
Utiel (14/05/15) – The 20th award ceremony for Olive Oil and the 9th Award ceremony for Organic Olive Oil “City of Utiel” where held todayand organized by the Utiel Town Hall, the company “Aceites de las Heras” & The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Food & Water.
In this edition a total of 14 cooperatives, oil mills & other companies of the sector from the Valencian Community have participated. This contest has been given the category of: “The most prestigious contest in the Valencia Region”, its objective it to promote & spread the news of the excellent oils available in the Valencia area.
The event was held at the Museum of Wine in the town of Utiel. The Director General for Companies of Fisheries & Food: Marta Valsangiacomo Gil & the Mayor of Utiel: José Luis Ramírez Ortiz together with a representative of the company Aceites de las Heras in the case Adolfo de las Heras Marín was present. The winners of the event were also present.
The winners of this edition were:
– First Prize for the Best Virgin Olive Oil: Masía el Altet from Ibi (Alicante).
– Second Prize for the the Best Vergin Olive Oil: San Pedro Apostol Cooperative Moixent (Valencia) & Belluga Gourmet from Segorbe (Castellón).
– Third Prize for the best Virgin Olive Oil was awarded to Señorios de Relleu from Alicante.
– Special Award for the best Virgin Olive oil was awarded to Almassera de Millena from Alicante.
– The Prize for the best Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Denomination of Origin Valencia was awarded to the Cooperative San Pedro Apostol from Moixent (Valencia) & Belluga Gourmet from Segorbe (Castellon).